Friday, June 10, 2011

Still On Track

I've been on vacation for a week now.

God, it's fantastic. And I still have a few days left.

Last week at this time I was in LA. Before I went out there people told me it was dirty and not at all cool. I suppose I had pre-conceived notions of attitude as well. And now it's on the list of places I would consider moving. There and New York. I had an absolutely amazing time. I'm not sure if it was seeing old friends or being in a new place or just getting away from work but I feel more refreshed than I have in God knows how long. I feel hopeful right now. Positive. Maybe even confident. I'm an east coast girl at heart, really I am. But this little Cali trip woke something up in me. And I crossed off #72.

In other recent Day Zero events, I made French macarons (#15). Or maybe attempted would be a better term. They were a mess. Pointy, hollow tips. Uneven, bulbous feet. Due to the chocolate flavor they really just looked like a series of little poops. Meh. At least they tasted good. And since I also made strawberry jam that weekend, I discovered that if I removed the hollow top, filled it with jam, and put that back on... they were pretty fantastic. Ah well... I will try them again.

#77 - Bikram yoga is not for the faint of heart. I made it all the way through a class. I didn't leave the room. Unlike one girl who left, threw up, and then came back. I did have to stop once or twice. The guy in front of me was dripping wet (seriously... like a faucet) before we even began doing anything. I felt fantastic afterward. But I really wish they had given modifications of things to do if you weren't quite in pretzel shape. And the room smelled. Really bad. Really.

Orlando Fringe is my second favorite time of year other than Christmas. This year was particularly grand. I think saw more in the first weekend than I did in the entire 12 days last year... and everything was great. I also spent an exceptional amount of time out on the lawn drinking. That was pretty great too. I hesitate to cross off #36 - Attend the theatre by yourself - in this situation. It's near impossible to walk into a performance and not know someone else in the audience... but there were several I initially walked into alone. So... it counts.

And an accomplishment unto itself - my progress of watching all the Oscar winners is going quite slowly. But after having it from Netflix for 2 months I FINALLY finished Mutiny on the Bounty. It wasn't good. I picked up The Great Ziegfeld on Wednesday and have already watched it and sent it back. It wasn't very good either.

I am also decidedly bored with picture of the day... and I need to update the past 3 weeks or so. 4 months left. I will not miss this task. Hurrah for building character.

No comments:

Post a Comment