Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ahead of Schedule!

I knocked 2 more things out!

A little over a week ago I had a spa day(#58). It was amazing... and very much needed. I had been stressed to the point of barely sleeping for about 3 weeks. Luckily, in January I found an amazing Groupon offering 50% off a mani/pedi at a spa near work (the swanky kind where they give you champagne while you get stuff done). In the fine print it also stated that you would be automatically enrolled in the half off club. And what is the half off club you ask? I was curious as well and so I checked out the website to see that the half off club would get me 50% off everything for 3 months PLUS a free one hour service on my birthday. Clearly this was the opportunity for my spa day. And I took it! I got there on Monday at 1:40 and left 4 hours later more relaxed than I had been in God knows how long. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Yesterday I found myself on a toll road... which does not happen so often... so I decided to take advantage of my situation and complete #14 - pay a toll for the person behind me. This was easy enough. I went to the cash lane, made sure there was someone behind me, gave double the amount to the attendant, told her it was for both of us and happily drove off feeling good about myself. I am not sure what I thought would happen next. In my happy little mind I was hoping the driver would be pleased and speed up to pull up next to me and smile and wave and that we would share a moment noting what a wonderful place the world is... and if the world were really amazing the driver would be a grossly attractive nerdy gent (and if we really really follow the series of events that happened in my head eventually I would end up making dinner in the kitchen of our beautiful house by the lake while I look out the window watching him teach our daughter to ride her bike... but I digress). In reality the car spent an abnormally long time at the toll booth (either confused or upset that I paid for them I suspect) and eventually caught up with me and sped right by. I don't even know what the driver looked like because by that point I was too self conscious to try and share a look. Meh. I'm going to have to try this one again.

Anyway. 19% of goals done and 16.5% of my time. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment