Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Giant Catch-Up Post

OK. While it might seem like I have been a total slacker and have abandoned my Day Zero Project... I assure you I have not. I have, however, been very busy with Thanksgiving, Christmas, Subscription Prep, and being a bit slammed (but it's a good thing) at work. So I haven't blogged my adventures.

Let's take a moment to breathe and catch up on the neat things I have done.

#10 - Drop a $20 bill in a tip jar. - Oh lovely people of Starbucks on 436 and Howell Branch who have dealt with my early morning crankiness that would later give way to a caffeine induced joy and optimism... I am sure I owe you more than that.

#12 - Give flowers to someone having a rough week. - Y'know... having flowers delivered through one of those online sites is freakin expensive! I opted for an unnaturally bright bunch from the grocery store that I was able to ninja deliver on my own.

#19 - Cook a turkey - God bless you, Alton Brown for your wonderfully easy and incredibly delicious turkey recipe. Thanksgiving was a success! Though my mother seemed skeptical of abandoning the long-established "cook it in a bag" method, Thanksgiving was a success and she has since passed the recipe along. I even overheard (over heard! thus, not saying it for my benefit) my father telling someone it was the best turkey he ever had. Score!

#24 - Send a secret in to Post Secret - This one... not as exciting as I thought it would be. Maybe I need to try again. Something more secret-like.

#37 - Attend a midnight release/premiere - Yes, I froze my butt off waiting for the midnight drop of World of Warcraft - Cataclysm. And I do mean froze as that night the temperature in Orlando dropped to the low 30s. Now, I could have escaped inside to the Game Stop to wait... but that was pretty full of... nerds. I am kind of over making claims that I am not a nerd (clearly I am) but at least I am a high functioning nerd. The people inside... not so much.

#52 - Don't log into Facebook for a week - This one was a little rough. Only because the email notifications of people tagging me in things and posting on my wall kept appearing in my inbox and I didn't know what was showing up. It's the curiosity that killed me. Other than that... didn't really miss it that much. Maybe if I disabled the notification emails I could actually lead a Facebook free existence.

#69 - Buy a lottery ticket - I only play lotto in Virginia. I don't know why. And I also only play Mega Millions when it is over 100 mil. Christmas allotted me this opportunity. I bought a ticket from a less than friendly Kroger customer service rep named Karen. I did not win. I will blame her.

#81 - Run a 5k - This one was big. Having never run more than a quarter mile without stopping, I trained for this for 2 months. I used the 5k 101 podcast training program from running mate media. You can download it free from itunes and I wish I had more thumbs so I could give it about 83 thumbs up. I stayed motivated, I improved dramatically, and on a chilly early morning in December I drove to SeaWorld with Brooke and Jamie to complete my first 5k. AND I saw Santa Shamu. It was pretty awesome.

#98 - Get a new email address - I moved to gmail. Well... I use the term "moved" loosely. I'm still working on converting everything. But all my bills come to gmail now!

That's it for the moment. There are still ongoing projects I am working on.

I am growing a bit bored with my picture a day and am a full month behind in posting right now but... I am still working on it. I'm also having some trouble with getting through the Oscar Winners list. There are some that I am just not looking forward to. Mutiny on the Bounty has been sitting on my shelf for a couple weeks. Meh.

For right now - my time period is 85% done and my list is 85% done. I am on schedule and I am still excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment