Saturday, May 1, 2010

Project Weight Loss and a Wal-Mart Adventure!

It's the first of the month. Seems to me like a good time to start a new project. So here we go...

Name: Project Weight Loss
Time Frame: Now through September 12, 2010
Goal: Lose 25 pounds (this is still about 20 pounds away from where I am supposed to be at my height but... it's where I would like to be)
Plan: Go to gym... and stop eating so much freakin gross food. It's that simple and that difficult.

25 pounds in 4 months is not at all out of reach... but it will be a challenge. Last time I lost that amount of weight I did it without even trying. When I moved to New York I started walking alot and it just kinda went away. This time around... I am actively pursuing. And if I hit my goal, I am finally getting that tattoo I want. Yay reward.

So I have had a good first day. I actually ate breakfast. And had a ridiculously tasty salad for lunch... with salsa in place of dressing. Penne with mushrooms, kalamata olives, and feta in a white wine sauce for dinner. (Oh pasta, you are so wonderfully versatile.) And some fruit and a square of dark chocolate along the way. I drank virtually no water. I swear I just don't get thirsty. But I bought a water bottle so I can really work on that.

The water bottle was one of my many purchases at Wal-mart today when I went to buy kitty litter for my little cat children. The trip to get kitty litter turned into an hour and a half ordeal that cost me more than $50. They just have so much stuff there!

So... shopping at Wal-Mart makes me feel bad about myself, it makes me violent toward other stupid people (do I become an inconsiderate idiot when I step through the doors as well?), and it doesn't actually save me money. If I had made the trip to Publix... I probably would have left with just the kitty litter and 30 extra bucks in my bank account.

Not that my buys were bad. In the summer of 2006 I bought a pair of $7 black flip flops at Wal-Mart. 4 years later, they are still hanging around. And they are the comfiest pair of shoes I have ever owned. They are well-loved, molded to my feet kinda shoes. I mean, c'mon... I live in Florida. I live in flip flops. Anyway, 4 years is a long life span for $7 flip flops...



Oh yeah... that's 3 layers of foam that's been worn through. They are disintegrating. And apparently I am picky about flip flops. The part between the toe MUST be cloth or else it's just irritating. (Also - I really really hate when people refer to them as thongs but that's a different blog.) Luckily, I found a near duplicate during my excursion today. And they are comfy and wonderful (and cheap).

The point of this story? Don't go to Wal-Mart. There is no reason. Just skip it.

Unless you are looking for flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment